How It Works
Quicken Loans Detroit Demo Day is for businesses physically located in, or committed to relocate to, the cities of Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park. Business owners must be legal U.S. residents, able to travel on their own to present at Detroit Demo Day, be willing to work with us to perfect their pitch, and be in good standing with the IRS.
All businesses applying must meet the following general eligibility as of March 18, 2020:
- Established for-profit business entity i.e. Sole Proprietorships, General Partnerships, Corporations (Inc., Corp.), Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Limited Liability Partnerships (LP, LLP), Low-Profit Limited Liability Company (L3C), or Benefit Corp.
- Product or service available for sale.
- Detroit-based, or willing to relocate business to Detroit.
- Under $2M in revenue and under $1M in raised capital.
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations.
- Business owners who are team members of Rock Ventures, Quicken Loans Community Fund, or Detroit Venture Partners.
In addition to meeting the general eligibility, companies applying to Detroit Demo Day are asked to choose between one of three funding categories: Start, Grow, and Scale. Each funding categories has two additional criteria:
For companies introducing their product or service to market.
Less than $100,000 in 2018
For those serving either local or national customers.
For more established businesses looking to expand locally.
More than $100,000 in 2018
For those serving primarily local customers.
For more established businesses looking to expand nationally.
More than $100,000 in revenue in 2018.
For those able to serve national customers.