Rocket Mortgage Detroit Demo Day is for businesses physically located in, or committed to relocating to, the cities of Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park. Business owners must be legal U.S. residents, able to travel on their own to record their pitches in a safe, socially-distant environment, be willing to work with us to perfect their pitch, and be in good standing with the IRS.
All businesses applying must meet the following general eligibility as of July 14th, 2020:
- Established for-profit business entity i.e. Sole Proprietorships, General Partnerships, Corporations (Inc., Corp.), Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Limited Liability Partnerships (LP, LLP), Low-Profit Limited Liability Company (L3C), or Benefit Corp.
- Product or service available for sale.
- Detroit-based, or willing to relocate business to Detroit.
- Under $2M in annual revenue and under $1M in total capital raised.
- Willingness to share your company's financial statements if requested by the Detroit Demo Day Team.
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations.
- Business owners who are team members of Rock Ventures, Quicken Loans Community Fund, Bedrock, or Detroit Venture Partners.
In addition to meeting the general eligibility, companies applying to Detroit Demo Day are asked to choose between one of three funding categories: Start, Sustain, and Build. Each funding categories has additional criteria for companies to meet: